Kimonos, the cardigans of Summer. There are tons of great lengths, prints and patterns of kimonos out there that it’s so hard to have just one. Kimonos can also be worn as swim coverups so you can get a lot of wear out of them. Today I’m sharing my Summer Kimono along with ways to style it.
The kimono I’m sharing today is from Amazon. There are no sizes which is fine because this kimono is flowy and not fitted. It’s a beautiful coral color with an off white pattern. It comes in 5 other colors and has the cutest tassels on the bottom. Linking some other favs below that come in TONS of other colors and patterns.
Ways To Style A Kimono
- Spruce up an outfit: Wearing just a plain tee and some jeans (or shorts) then add a kimono for some pattern and flow. Have a patterned tee? No problem, grab a kimono that is a solid color.
- Balance your look: Body-con dress too boring? Add a kimono. Skinny Jeans and a fitted tee? Add a kimono. If you’re wearing something more fitted then adding a flowy kimono adds balance to your look.
- Balance with shape: I love a good fitted dress but sometimes you just want to layer. Add a kimono and give yourself shape by adding a belt to bring in and accentuate your waist.
- Cover up: wear your kimono as a swim cover up and head out to the beach
- Tie it: If you have a shorter kimono you can tie the front ends together at your waist, so it looks more like a top.
Thank you all so much for reading. Until next time,