I have found the perfect Summer cocktail recipe that you will want to make every single weekend! If you’re a fan of refreshing, cool cocktails then read on. A cocktail would not be complete without a happy hour snack to go with it so I’m also sharing an easy and healthy snack to serve along side it.
Grapefruit Cucumber Cooler
What better combination than grapefruit and cucumber. This drink is so refreshing and there are so many substitutes that you can do to make it your own. Recipe below.
- 5 slices peeled cucumber
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice (can sub lime if you prefer)
- 1/4 ounce simple syrup (can purchase or make your own. 1 : 1 sugar and water)
- 1 1/4 ounces vodka
- 1/2 ounce St-Germain elderflower liqueur
- 1 1/2 ounces Grapefruit Sparkling Water (cab sub any flavor sparkling water that you prefer)
- Cucumber slice and lemon wedge, for garnish
Muddle together cucumbers, lemon juice and simple syrup. Once pureed add vodka, elderflower liqueur and ice. Shake until chilled. Pour into ice filled glasses and top off with grapefruit sparkling water. Add cucumber and lemon either in the drink or on the rim. Enjoy!
This snack is so easy to do and is very easy to put together. My mom made it over Father’s Day weekend and it was too good not to share.
- 1 package regular hummus
- handful of cherry tomatoes
- handful of yellow tomatoes
- feta cheese
- olive oil
Place hummus on the bottom of any tray or bowl. Add red and yellow tomatoes on top, along with a handful of feta cheese and finish with a drizzle of olive oil. My mom added additional chickpeas and olives to hers. Serve with your favorite crackers and enjoy!
Thank you all so much for reading. Until next time,