We made it back from Florida safe and sound. What a fun, much needed mini vacation. I don’t think I let go of my little nephew the whole time. The weather was a bit cooler for the first couple days but the last 2 days were beautiful, sunny beach days. We went to Florida for a wedding and tacked on a couple days before and after the event.
In todays blog post I’m going to talk about the St. Pete and Clearwater area. Map shown below. These are the areas we toured around and visited on this trip. From St. Pete to Clearwater is about a 40 minute drive.
• Pass-A-Grille – More of a ‘locals’ beach so you can really blend in.
• Saint Pete Beach – Great laid back long stretch of beach.
• Fort De Soto – A park with a great beach. Great for families.
• Clearwater Beach – Beautiful, picture perfect beach named No. 1 in the US on Trip Advisor the past 3 years! Busy but beautiful. Clean and there are little tents that you can rent.
• Indian Rocks Beach – Quieter, less busy but still beautiful. The sand was rougher and had more seashells all over compared to Clearwater Beach.
Things To Do
• Urban Mural Tour – St. Pete is flooded with murals. Great for photos! Click the link and check out all the great insta worthy spots.
• Green Bench Brewing Company – The first microbrewery in St. Pete.
• Coast Bike Share – Rent a bike and explore the city!
• North Shore Park – Park right along the water that has a beach, playground and a dog park.
• Local festivals and / or events – There were so many events happening in the area. Click the link and enter the dates you are traveling to see what fun events are happening in the area.
• Nightclubs / Lounges – Get your drink and dancing on if the night life is your scene.
• St. Pete Shuffleboard Club – The wedding venue for the newlyweds. Such a cool atmosphere and really fun time!
• So many shops and restaurants right on the beach in Clearwater.
Restaurants To Visit
• Recommendation from the locals – Bodega on Central – Get a cuban!
• Shell’s Seafood Restaurant – Casual dining with fresh seafood.
• PJ’s Oyster Bar – Right up my alley! Critics claim they have the freshest seafood on the beach. They also have a deck with great views of the water.
• Datz – Comfort food with a twist! ‘A foodies oasis’
• In Indian Rocks Beach area – Crabby Bill’s – (The original) A local spot to eat all the best seafood. A really nice outdoor area with a stage for live music.
• EAT AT THE FOOD TRUCKS and eat all the grouper you can!
I had help compiling this post information from the newlyweds who live in St. Pete.
Swimwear From Blooming Jelly
This portion of the blog post is sponsored by Blooming Jelly. All opinions are my own.
I instantly fell in love with this suit when I saw it! The color is so bright (and makes you look SO tan) and I’m here for it! This suit is from Blooming Jelly and I’m wearing a small. Fit is TTS. The bottoms are high waisted and cover enough booty to be very comfortable. The material is a little heavier and feels quality. It is a ribbed texture on the whole suit. The top can be worn 2 ways; tie the string around the middle or leave it off. Lastly, there are cups in this suit but you can easily take them out.
This suit is so stinking cute! I’m wearing a small here for reference and it fits TTS. I love a bold striped suit and this one is even cuter with the one shoulder look and the ruffles. The bottoms cover everything and are very comfortable to wear. The ruffle does fly around and is white on the underside. There are cup inserts in this suit but those can be taken out. The top stays up just fine and does not slip.
How to know what to pack for vacation + tips to pack like a pro
Tips To Make Leaving For Vacation More Enjoyable
The Ultimate Travel Jacket From Baubax
Summer Staples // Affordable Swim
Thank you all so much for reading. Until next time,