HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope 2020 is an amazing year for you all! Like any new year it’s a way to start over, start fresh, set new goals and get back into routines. I’m usually pretty good about setting goals and meeting them, if not exceeding them. I was looking back on my 2019 goals and I did really well with meeting and sticking to my goals. A recap of my 2019 goals are below.
Recap of 2019 Goals:
1. SAVE MONEY! I’m terrible at this and so is my husband. We’ve actually already started a new method of saving money and it has really helped us. I need to be a better budgeter and stop spending money on stupid things. We love to travel so we are budgeting for a big trip soon!
• We did great at this in 2019! We saved enough money to take a trip to the Bahamas, The Kentucky Derby, Georgia; twice and we still managed to start / continue our basement renovation! We needed an out of sight out of mind saving strategy and Summit helped us with that. Shout out to Summit and helping us tackle our goals in 2019 and moving forward into 2020.
2. Update my house room by room. I have a plan in place for this and it requires #1 to be successful. I am doing a home update for some rooms/areas in my house that will make it onto the blog. A few being the basement man cave, the laundry room and our hall closet. Stay tuned for those!
• Again, nailed it! We managed to update our laundry room, powder room, our master bathroom had some updates, we updated the porch off our bedroom and are well under way with the basement renovation. I keep all home updates here. I also keep highlight reels on my IG feed; HOME and Basement Reno.
3. Take breaks from social media. This may come as a shock but style608.com, my IG account, Facebook, Twitter, all of it will be stagnant for a week or two at a time throughout the year. I know this is risky and I may lose some of you but I think it’s really important to disengage and enjoy life not through the camera of a cell phone.
• I think I did really well at this. I took many breaks, one of which was forced, thanks Instagram. I don’t post everyday on stories, I post once maybe twice a day on my feed and post twice a week on style608.com. If I’m on stories later at night, then that means my husband is busy or working late, haha! The breaks are necessary to not get caught up in everyone else’s highlight reel.
As I was trying to figure out what goals I wanted to set for myself for 2020, I got to thinking… what do I really want to achieve this year? Are there milestones I want to hit? Are there people and experiences I want to meet and live? My answer right now is I have no idea what I want to do. Honestly, in 2020 I just want to have fun. Get done and accomplish my broad goals, which I’ve listed below, and have fun doing it.
I’m in my 30’s this decade and everything I’ve read and heard; your 30’s are the some of the best years of your life. I’m going to focus on what makes me happy and not all the extras, not overexert myself and not stress out about the little things. Cheers to a new year, new decade and new me!
• Finish the basement and work on the yard. The yard needs a lot of help. We have 4 acres and the back 2 are weeds and we HATE IT! This year, we are cleaning it up and getting it ready so the farmer that lives behind us, can plant on it. It will finally look normal and not like a land fill.
• Clean out crap. Even a furniture rearrange helps me decide what needs to stay and what needs to go.
• EUROPE! In the works for November 2020!
• Save, save, save! I’ve got big travel plans the next 2 years and I need a budget for them! Back to Europe in 2021 with the family.
My job gives me the opportunity to travel and along with that are airline miles and card spending power. My company only travels with Delta. Any trip I fly for work, I get to keep my miles. I was able to take Sean and I to Hawaii, twice, using my airline miles alone. Finding an airline that has great benefits and a card that either gives you miles or cash back is amazing. Sean and I both use the American Express Platinum Delta SkyMiles card. We have been using this card since 2011 and we love the benefits. Check them out today!
• Feel healthy, eat more conscientiously and move my body. Doesn’t have to be everyday but try for 2-3 times a week. Get back into my yoga and stretches at home. In addition to this comes being better prepared and grocery shopping regularly. I’m so terrible at this.
• Plan my days better. Not everything needs to get done at once. Plan a little each day to take stress out of my life. What I mean by this is mainly in regards to home chores. I used to wait until Saturday to clean my whole house which would take hours, no thank you. Divvy up the jobs and get some done during the week so I can actually relax on the weekends and enjoy them.
New Years Goals for 2019!
That’s it! I hope you all have a fantastic 2020. What are some of your goals for 2020? Leave me a comment below. Thank you all so much for stopping by. Until next time,