Today is my 30th birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! I’ve never been afraid to tell people my age and I’m so excited to be 30! I’ve done so much with my life and accomplished so much in my 30 years (jeez, I hope so!) that I cannot wait to see what the next 30 years brings. Today I’ve put together 30 things that I’m so grateful for, things I’ve learned, things that I’ve accomplished (some with the help of others), goals I’ve set for myself in the future and bucket list items I hope to cross off.
- First and foremost I am so thankful for my husband, family and friends. They are the backbone that keeps me standing and I love them all so much.
- My husband and I bought 4 acres of land and built our dream house by age 27.
- My husband and I bought a rental property by age 28.
- My husband and I started a landscaping business by age 29.
- I’ve always wanted to be a designer so I went and did it. I graduated from Madison College in 2010 with an Associates Degree in Graphic Design and Illustration.
- I got an internship right after college that has turned into my full time career. I’ve been with the same company for 8 years now and I love my job.
- I have the most amazing cutie pie puppies in the WORLD and I love them more than anything. Is this how people feel about their kids because I would honestly jump in front of a bus to save them.
- I’ve traveled abroad to Spain in my late teens, and lived there for 3 weeks with a host family. That experience I will never forget.
- June 13th, 2015 will forever hold the most important place in my heart. I married my best friend and forever partner.
- I’ve learned to be more confident in myself. To work at self care and focus first and foremost about me. My mental health is so important.
- I’ve had the luxury to travel all over the USA with my family. The experiences and memories that my parents have given my sister and I, mean everything.
- I’ve learned to be a better listener.
- I’ve learned to be more patient. Just take a step back and breathe.
- A goal of mine is to finish our basement by next football season. I cannot wait for that to be done. I will, of course, be sharing a post of the transformation!
- I would really love to travel to Italy in my lifetime. Honestly, anywhere in Europe I would be happy to visit. Ireland, Germany, Netherlands all of it. I want to experience different cultures and ways of life. To eat great food and make memories.
- I’m terrible at making new friends. I hope to be better at this and make new friends!
- A lifelong goal of mine and my husbands is to retire early. I hope with all our hard work that we can make it happen.
- I’ve always wanted to walk into a restaurant and have them know my exact order. This will happen in my lifetime if I keep frequenting Takumi for sushi!
- I’ve gotten so much better at communicating what bothers me instead of keeping things pent up. Talking it out has helped with my anxiety. I word my frustrations differently and use better phrasing to communicate.
- I LOVE to hang out with my parents. Clearly, not what a middle/high schooler would say but now that I’m ‘older’ they are so much fun. They’re always planning weekend trips, heading to a brewery, camping, going to live music events, you name it!
- My sister moved away a couple years ago and I wish so much that she would move back. BUT if that doesn’t happen I will be planning a couple trips a year to go and visit her.
- I met Luke Bryan this year! Got backstage passes to his concert and All Access passes. It. Was. AH-MAZING!
- I hope to improve my golf game. I love the days on the course, just Sean and me. 🙂
- I started a fashion and lifestyle blog and branded it style608.com My blog and IG accounts are a growing passion of mine. I have fun, I like to do photoshoots and I enjoy writing and sharing with all of you, so thank you all for your continued support. It means so much to me. 🙂
- I’ve learned that it’s ok to ask for help. Earlier this year I began talking to a therapist. I can honestly say that those meetings have helped me so much. Not only in my personal life but professionally as well. A lot of the numbers on this list I can attribute to therapy. I’m not ashamed of this at all.
- I really want to become a better cook. I want to take a cooking class, learn the science behind why certain ingredients work well together etc. There is a highly recommended place in Madison and I plan on going!
- I’ve learned that you cannot take life to seriously. Enjoy those little moments, appreciate where you are, love yourself and who cares what other people think. You may not know everything and that’s ok because no one knows everything!
- It’s ok to say no. This was a tough one for me. I am a people pleaser at the expense of my own happiness. It is ok to say no to people and not do something simply because you do not want to. Avoid the anxiety and obligation and just say ‘no’.
- Worry less. Everything will work itself out.
- I love my life. I am very fortunate to have what I have, be able to do what I can do and do not take anything for granted.
Cheers to being 30 years young! Thank you all so much for reading. I appreciate each and every one of you for stopping by every Tuesday and Friday. If you are not subscribed please do so, so you don’t miss a post. Until next time,
Happy Birthday pretty lady!! So happy to have you in my life!!! Love this post!
Thank you so much! Right back at you bestie!!! XOXOXO
WOW just what I was searching for. Came here
by searching for restaurant