Another month has come and gone. Where did October go? This month I’ve been trying out a few more makeup items that I’ve been incorporating into my routine. Check out my reviews below.
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Aging Perfector in light to neutral #30. I picked this up at Target after I got a facial. Retinol in products is meant to help with discoloration and dark sports which I have. It also helps even out and smooth skin’s texture.
+ Lightweight formula and doesn’t feel heavy on the skin
+ Love that there is 20 SPF in this product
+ Priced right at $9
+ Great layered under foundation to even out skin tone
+ Small and easy to travel with. only 1 fl oz.
– You need to use at least 3-4 pumps to cover your whole face if using by itself
– There are only 6 shades to choose from and only 1 on the darker end of the spectrum
– Does not cover my problem spots as well as I would have hoped. You can still see my discoloration on my forehead pretty clearly.
– If using on its own, you will fly through this tube quickly. If using as a base under foundation, it will last much longer
I applied theNeutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Aging Perfector to the right side of my face (your left) and you can see that it helped to even out my skin tone and took away some of the redness that I have. It did not however, cover up the discoloration on my forehead.
Tarte Shape Tape Concealer in Fair Beige I got it at Ulta but you can also get it at Sephora or Tarte.com
+ There are 30 shades to choose from
+ The container and the wand are much larger than your typical concealer. The applicator is a doe foot shape and applies the product like a dream
+ No need to re-dunk. Amount of product that comes out of the tube on the first pull covers more than enough of my face. Also, a little goes a long way.
+ Full coverage concealer
+ Blends out nicely and doesn’t cake, crease or clump
+ There is a lot of product in this tube and it will last a while
– I did see that if I applied too much it creased a little
– I get dry skin on my nose and did notice that it moved a little throughout the day but that very well could be the setting powder that I use
– Pricier item at $27
I applied the Tarte Shape Tape Concealer to the right side of my face (your left) and you can see that it does work to brighter, lighten and mattify my face.
Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme I picked this up at Ulta. This product is meant to increase blood flow to the lips to create a bigger pout.
+ After getting used to the sensation, it definitely made my lips more red and acts like a clear gloss
+ Works great under any lip color
+ Made my lips more full but doesn’t last forever. After prolonged use it can increase your lip size
+ Has no scent or flavor
+ Is not sticky
+ Applicator is a flat wand and applies product easily
+ There is a lot of product in the tube and it will last a while
– The sensation is a bit intense and feels like your lips are burning for a good minute, but does not last
– Make sure to put only on your lips otherwise your face will feel like it’s burning
– If you do not add a lip color or chapstick to your lips afterwards, then your lips feel a little dried out
– Although the lip injection extreme makes my lips more red and acts like a gloss it does not last and your lips will eventually go back to their original color. I would suggest adding a color on top.
As you can see, in the photo to the right, that after 5 minutes the color increased in my lips and my top lip is a bit more full. There is also a bit of a shine to my lips. To maximize results use twice a day.
That wraps up this months TNT series. I hope you all enjoyed it! Thank you all so much for reading. Until next time,