Hello and happy Tuesday! I got back from LA on Friday night and have been doing nothing but staying in with my husband and the pups. An unfortunate loss for the Milwaukee Brewers over this past weekend but at least I got to see them win last Monday night at Dodger Stadium. What an experience. If you are in LA you HAVE TO go to the stadium. The view alone is worth the trip. Ok, let’s get to it.
Some links are affiliate links.
I’m posting my one and only Halloween Costume and makeup post for you today. This year I wanted to be a mermaid because I really wanted to wear a wig plus, the makeup is so much fun to do! There are so many possibilities for colors, stickers, glitters and pearls that you can add to your makeup look. I went for simple and colorful. You can see how the look came together below.
- Primer Milani Fresh Face Tinted Moisturizer Neutrogena Tinted Moisturizer
- Put fish net or hair net over your face and apply any colored eye shadow you like Morphe 39A and the Jaclyn Hill Palette
- Eyebrows Anastasia Brow Definer in Taupe
- Eyelid primer Maybelline Master Prime (older product)
- Apply more shadows from the Morphe 39A and Jaclyn Hill Palette
- Build up the colors to relate to the ones that you applied on your face
- Add pop color to lids (I chose Pool Party from the Jaclyn Hill Palette)
- Contour nose using any color you want. I chose pink and purples
- Eye Liner Milani Extreme Liquid Eye Liner
- Add mascara to upper and lower lashes L’Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara
- Apply liquid highlighter to a few of the scales Marc Jacobs Dew Drops Coconut Gel Highlighter
- Apply any lip color. I used Revlon Super Lustrous Gloss in Violet
- Topped with Maybelline Color Tattoo Chrome Eye Shadow
- I also went back over and highlighted my face with a powder highlighter. I also added shadow on my lower lash line.
- Spray with setting spray and you are done!
The beauty of this look is that you can do whatever you want to and it will turn out beautifully. I did not follow any tutorial, I watched a TON of videos and gathered techniques and products but ultimately did my own thing. What do you think? See the whole look below with my wig, sparkly top and the skirt. Topped with a few starfish for good measure. : )
Wig: Amazon Fani Wigs in Blonde
Sparkle Top: Amazon Verdusa Women’s Spaghetti Strap Sparkle Top
Skirt: Amazon Fish Scale Mermaid Princess Skirt
Starfish: Joann 3 pack
What are you planning on being for Halloween? Leave me a comment! Thank you all so much for reading. Until next time,
love this! the skirt is mesmerizing!
Thank you so much! It was much easier than I thought it would be. I think the wig pulls it all together. The skirt is so nice! Stretchy and long too which I love.
Love this!! I’ve always wanted to be a mermaid.. I love the idea of using the fishnet to create the scales! The wig is perf!!!
It worked out perfectly. I layered up a lot of color but it didn’t take me as long as I thought it would. Thank you so much!