Hey Lovelies! I hope you all had a great weekend. I’m currently in LA for a work trip and I’m not complaining. I left all the rain behind for sunshine and shorts! I’ll be heading home on Friday and I can already guarantee that I’m not going to want to come back. Have a great week!
Some links are affiliate links.
I’m back today with a post all about mustard colored jeans. I saw these on American Eagle’s website and ordered immediately. They have a short, regular and long option and I ordered my true size. The long is very long and I typically need long jeans but I could’ve gotten away with the regular. I’m 5’7″ for reference. I ended up rolling them up on the inside so you can still see the details on the bottom. There is a distressing detail at the hem and also on the knees which I liked. The fit is great and they do stretch to fit my curves.
Styling colored jeans can be intimidating but it doesn’t have to be. Mustard is a great Fall color so adding layers will help pull in colors to round out the look. I love mustard and black so I chose to wear a black cardigan over a beige cami. Since there was a lot of solid colors happening I chose to wear my patterned leopard flats to add some interest. The shoes pull the whole look together and I love how it turned out.
My pattern of choice with this look is leopard print but you could opt for stripes, Fall florals, chevrons or polka dots.
• l love the added pattern in this look so it doesn’t feel so flat.
• If you’re going with a pattern top I would stay away from adding more pattern elsewhere. Opt for a solid colored belt and/or shoe.
• Black, white, dark brown or beige would look great under the cami if you want to stay more neutral. You could also choose a Fall accent color like rust or olive under the pattern cardigan.
• Sticking with a solid long sleeve, bell sleeve, peplum or other minimal detailed top with a slight tuck to show the belt would be so cute with these jeans. A tighter fitted thermal tucked into these jeans would also be so cute.
• Adding the pop pattern in the shoes is what I chose to go with today mainly because my flats are a recent purchase from TJMaxx and I think they’re the most adorable things ever. The style is trending with the cut out on the outside too.
Thank you all so much for reading. Until next time,