Heeeeeeeeello Lovelies! I’m here today to get a little personal and give you guys a little more background about me. Here are 15 things that you might not know about me.
- My favorite movie is Deadpool and now Deadpool 2 since I watched it this week. It’s such a funny movie, witty and entertaining and Ryan Reynolds isn’t too bad to watch for an hour and a half. Although, you really only see his face for about 30 minutes of the whole movie… My second favorite movie is Keeping Up With The Joneses. It’s hilarious and I love movies with Zach Galifianakis. I like the whole movie and have seriously watched it about 100 times.
- My favorite dinner to make myself is mustard crusted salmon and brussel sprouts. You mix equal parts ground mustard and brown mustard then add in lemon juice to your hearts desire, garlic, salt and pepper and dill. Mix together and lather up your salmon fillet. Cook for 25 minutes at 350.
I cut off the ends of the brussel sprouts then cut in half and coat with avocado oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook 30 minutes at 350. The best part of these brussel sprouts is the sauce. You mix mayo and horseradish mustard then add in thyme, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper and bacon bits. The recipe is linked on my Pinterest page. I never measure anything out. I taste test the whole time.
- I absolutely despise the word moist. UGH just writing it makes me cringe. Enough said.
- I enjoy going to eat by myself. I’ll run my errands and then go to a restaurant and sit at the bar, by myself, and enjoy a beer and something to eat. I love it. I get time to reflect and not feel obligated to chat or engage. I get in my head a lot and this helps me sort it all out. I really do not care what people have to say about a women sitting at a bar eating and drinking by herself. HAHA!
- My first trip abroad was Spain. I was 17 and traveled with a group from my high school. We lived with host families for 3 weeks. It was the best experience I’ve had while traveling. I took Spanish for 4 years and could communicate pretty well, not so much anymore although I did use some Spanish on my honeymoon, to get us to the airport, a couple of years ago. #proudmoment
- When I go to Culver’s (Midwest thing) I always order a kid’s meal because it’s the same size as a basket, it’s cheaper and you get ice cream. Why wouldn’t you? Also, I only ever order cheese curds (Wisconsin thing) if that particular Culver’s has marinara to dip them in, otherwise I’m just getting fries. Side note: If you have not had a cheese curd, travel to Madison, Wisconsin and prepare to have your mind blown. You need to try fried cheese curds from Old Fashioned and fresh ones from the Saturday morning Farmer’s Market.
- Anyone who knows me knows that I hate cream cheese BUT (surprise coming) I will smother the crap out of a bagel with Philadelphia honey pecan cream cheese. It has roasted pecans and sweet honey in it, delicious! So weird but it’s that good and the only cream cheese I will eat. All other cream cheeses are absolutely disgusting to me.
- I hate bloody marys! The rest of the world seems to love the hell out of them. They’re just not good to me. I love all the garnishes but drinking tomato juice with vodka makes my stomach churn, yuck!
- My first concert was Britney Spears and we sat in the last row of the highest level and it was the best time of my life!!! I remember I wore a light-colored denim off the shoulder crop top with a white ruffle trim on it. I had on flare jeans and my hair was up in a pony tail. We took pictures in front of the fireplace and I remember being SO EXCITED to go!
- I was OBSESSED with the Spice Girls and put on a concert (or 3) with my sister and family friends for our families when we were camping. I would binge watch the Spice World movie over and over and pretended to be Sporty Spice.
- When I was a kid I split my chin open at a water park. There was a cute lifeguard and I was messing around and ran right into one of those mushroom waterfall things. Yeah, split my chin wide open but the cute lifeguard was the one that came over to help and bandage me up. ; ) This is the worst injury I’ve had. No sprains, fractures or broken bones.
- My girl crush has been and forever will be Blake Lively. I’ve honestly always loved her. She’s a fashion icon, she’s so darn talented on TV and in all her movies and she’s so naturally beautiful.
- In high school I played the violin. I was really good at it too and always sat first chair. I wish so much that I could still play and read music. At one point I tried taking up guitar but got so frustrated. I envy people who can pick up or pick back up an instrument and play like no time has passed.
- My first car was an old man tan 1996 Geo Metro with no power anything. It was given to me by my parents and I took THE. BEST. care of that car. More than my current car, 2015 Mercedes GLK… ummm ok. I would vacuum that car and wash it all the time. On the subject of cars… (this is so embarrassing) The first car I was able to buy was a 2007 Pontiac Sunfire coupe and I thought it would be a good idea to put spinners on it. So I went to Walmart and bought fake chrome, plastic spinners and drove that baby to Papa John’s in Monona to show it off. HAHAHAAHA!
- My favorite type of food to eat is Mexican. Whenever my husband and I go out to lunch you can bet I’m taking him to get enchiladas. We make tacos every week but I could eat them every day. MMM, off to get some right now!
Tell me something about you! Leave me a comment, which one surprised you the most? I did a post similar to this a while back. You can read that here. Thank you all for reading and be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss another post! Until next time,