I’m going to structure things a little bit differently this month because my reviews get pretty lengthy and feedback I’ve gotten is to be ‘short and sweet’ and ‘direct with pros and cons’ so that’s exactly what I’m going to do. Let me know how you are liking the new layout. Easier to read? Did you like the paragraph just talking about my thoughts and experiences? Let me know in the comments below.
L’Oreal Infallable Transluscent Setting Powder I currently alternate between the Coty Airspun and the RCMA powder and will continue to use those because this stuff is not for me.
• Great packaging and easy to travel with because of the size
• Container kept loose powder contained and did not get all over
• Great price at only $8
• Available at Target, Walmart and other retailers like Ulta and Sephora etc.
• Really brightens the under eye area
• Feels very light when applied
• I wish this came with a ‘pouf’
• Powder did not apply well at all with brush or damp beauty blender. It did not stay where you put it and got everywhere I didn’t want it to be.
• The flashback in photos with this product is ridiculous! It comes off bright white and looks terrible. This is a deal breaker. If you are not going to be photographed then this powder will be ok for you.
Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Palette I purchased this from Ulta for $42. I’ve been reviewing a lot of drug store products and wanted to step it up a bit.
• 14 shades in matte and shimmer
• Great transition shades with Orange Soda and Dusty Rose
• Colors blend out nicely
• Extremely pigmented colors
• Love that it came with a mirror and a dual ended brush for easy travel
• The brush was losing bristles every time I used it and feels a bit harsh
• Cyprus Umber shade swatches very differently on lid than it appears in palette
• A little on the pricey side for a shadow palette ($42)
Makeup Revolution Banana Powder I’ve honestly never heard of this brand until a friend recommended it to me. I ordered this at the same time as the Soft Glam palette and have been using it about a month now.
• Love the fact that this is a banana powder because I currently do not have one
• Hint of color help reduce redness which I have a lot of in my T-Zone
• Applies well with a brush and damp beauty blender
• Stays where you put it without a lot of fall out
• Size is great and easy to travel with
• I wish the cap was larger so it was easier to get product out to use a brush
• Although I love a good banana powder, I like a lighter, brighter color under my eyes
Any recommendations on new products I should try? I’m on the hunt for a new foundation and have a couple on my list. Leave me a comment below and let me know. Thank you all so much for reading. Until next time,
I had that ABH palette in my cart sooo many times and I told myself I couldn’t!! lol It looks so pretty!! Foundations – I love my Bobbi Brown Skin Weightless Foundation, but have also been loving the Covergirl Matte Made foundation and is a way cheaper option!
The colors are great for everyday which is why I really wanted to try it out. I use the transition shades as the only colors on my lid for day to day. Thanks for the recommendations!