I finally have a post where I can talk about my 2018 goals with you guys. A lot of new years resolutions and goals begin with health and fitness which is why I thought putting together an athleisure outfit would be appropriate. Getting in shape, cutting out sugar, working out and dieting or eating healthier are the most common. These are great goals and it’s easier to start the year out right to establish a good routine.
MY GOALS FOR 2018
1. Recycle my closet and wardrobe – I have great basics and staple pieces that I forget about. I want to plan out my outfit better and take time to sift through what I have. I will still link my outfits but most will not be the exact items. I hope that you can gain inspiration from my pictures to create your own style. I would love to see your images so use the hashtag #style608 so I can see them! I will be starting a new series on my blog that relates to this goal so stay tuned for more details and spread the word!
2. Stay organized and work ahead so I can have a consistent posting schedule – I have invested in a good planner and have been working really hard over the weekends to stay ahead and to work ahead on blog posts. I have established a new routine to help me stay focused by creating a timeline and work schedule.
3. Focus on my mental health – I have really bad anxiety and I want to take more time for me. Do what makes me happy and voice my concerns if something is bothering me. I tend to internalize everything and it’s not healthy. Schedule girls nights, get massages, do more yoga and work outside the house to avoid distractions.
4. Read more – I have made the goal to read more this year. I love to read but have neglected taking the time to sit and dive into a good book. If you have any recommendations please leave them in the comments below.
5. Spend more quality time with my husband – This means disconnecting at the end of the day from technology and focusing on the time we have together. We have roommates and we don’t have a whole lot of alone time so I want to make the time we do get, count. I want to try to get my work done when he is gone or busy so when we’re together we can really be together.
This athleisure style was so simple to put together and is very affordable. Shop the look at the bottom. It is so easy to switch out any of these pieces for a different color or style. Add a layer or alleviate a layer. If you re-create this look use the hashtag #style608 so I can see your pictures!
Below I have put together a few great apps that you can download to help you stay motivated to reach your 2018 health and fitness goals.
Free Argus – For a free app this one offers quite a few features. Sleep tracking, calorie counter, heart rate and you can even add in food that you eat by scanning the barcode. You have the ability to customize your workout plan and as a bonus, the app gives you obstacles to overcome to keep you motivated.
For the Yogi Daily Yoga – This app is free and since one of my goals is to do more yoga, this app will be perfect. If offers over 500 different poses from more than 50 filmed classes that you can follow along to. In addition to this there is…
Yoga Wake Up – If you need a quick 10 minute starter in the morning, each of these apps will help you meditate, hold poses, increase your core strength and increase your flexibility.
Free My Fitness Pal – This app is so common and very well known for it’s food tracking database to help determine what foods to eat to help you reach your goals.
Free ShopWell – One of the better calorie counting apps out there because you can completely customize it. It caters to you vs being broad and generalized. You enter your height, weight, age and allergies and it scores foods 0-100 on how good they are for you.
Free Epicurious – This app offers over 35,000 recipes that you can sort through by a handful of keywords or categories. You can create shopping lists and save recipes. All have been pulled and tested from top magazines and restaurants.
What are your goals for 2018? Thank you all for your support and following when I transitioned my blog. Your continuous involvement and interaction have made blogging so much fun for me. This is a hobby of mine and I’m so grateful for those of you that have been following along. I appreciate you so much more than you know. I wish you all the best in 2018 and I hope this post helps you on your health and fitness journey.
Thank you so much for reading. Until next time,