I hope you all had a wonderful holiday but let’s get right down to business. There may have been things on your list that you didn’t receive this year or a few items that you need to stock up on. After Christmas the sales go crazy all over the place. I’ve put together a cheat sheet for hitting those stores and hitting them hard.
Some links are affiliate links.
- Make a list when you go out shopping. This will help you from impulse buying. If there are Winter items that you need, put it on the list. Dog ate your favorite beanie? Put it on the list to snag a new one when you’re out and about. Sister stole your favorite sweater? Put it on the list and be specific. White, cable knit, size small with a cowl neck. This will help you to stay focused on your goals.
- Hit the department stores. They are discounting most Winter items to make room for the Spring merchandise arrivals. This is where you will most likely find brand name items at discounted prices. Pick up that cashmere sweater you’ve been eyeing up or snag a new Winter coat for next year. Some stores may give you extra coupons to lower the price even more. Kohl’s is notorious for this.
- Hit the clearance racks. This one is obvious and a bit redundant from above but it’s key. See if you can snag more bang for your buck.
- Stock up on Holiday décor. This is the time to do it. Pick up those extra string lights or that wreath that you loved. Pick up that pretty garland or blow up snowman that you loved so much. These will be priced to move quickly. This time of year is when I stock up on all my wrapping paper and bows for next year.
- Use those gift cards but only if you need to. Most people think that because they have a gift card they need to spend it right away. If there’s nothing that you want, wait.
ONTO THE DEALS! Below are places that I typically shop at.
Target – Up to 50% off clearance. Save an extra 20% off clearance clothing, shoes and accessories for everyone
Old Navy – 2% cash back with Ebates. Up to 60% off site wide. Jeans are half off and take an extra 20% off your order without a code. If you’re looking for active wear Old Navy has up to 50% off most styles.
Nordstrom – Up to 50% off during their half-yearly sale. If you need to stock up on beauty products or perfume Nordstrom is offering a free 23 piece gift with any beauty or fragrance purchase of $125
Bath and Body Works – Up to 75% off select items during their semi-annual sale. I will be stocking up on wallflowers which are only $3 right now. Select 3 wick candles are 50% too.
H&M – Up to 70% off during the Winter sale.
Abercrombie & Fitch – Up to 50% off and club members get an extra 25% off with a purchase of $100 or more. Free shipping with $75 purchase.
Happy Shopping everyone! Thanks so much for reading. Until next time,