This is a new tag post for me and I’m so happy that I was tagged by my bestie, Kelsie. Her blog, Kelsie Kristine is about beauty, fashion and lifestyle. Go check her out, she’s wonderful. You can find her post here. I was asked 11 questions that I will go into depth about below. Be sure to subscribe to my blog so you get updates every time I post!
1. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CHILDHOOD MEMORY?
As far back as I can remember my family has been camping. We started tent camping then went to a pop up, upgraded to a 24 foot travel trailer and now my parents have a 30 foot one. We camped with our family (mom, dad and sister) and 3 other families. We used to camp almost every weekend in the summer growing up. Since we have all gotten older we don’t go nearly as much as we used to. We still camp with the same 3 families and I consider them all my other moms, dads, brothers and sisters. I have some of the best memories of my childhood fishing at Silver Springs, tubing down the Wolf River and sitting around the campfire making s’mores and throwing peanuts at each other.
2. COFFEE OR TEA?
I do both and frequently. I tend to gravitate towards coffee with a little almond milk creamer when I’m at home or a caramel macchiato from Starbucks if I really need a pick me up. Lately I’ve been getting stomach aches from coffee so I’ve switched to tea. I love Zen tea from the brand Tazo with a little honey and lemon in it. I’ve got quite the collection of teas as you can see below. I switch between both so I can’t choose just coffee or tea.
3. IF YOU WERE STUCK ON AN ISLAND AND COULD ONLY HAVE ONE BEAUTY ITEM WITH YOU, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Hands down I would bring a tinted moisturizer with an SPF because when my husband comes to rescue me I still want my skin looking great! Nothing ages your skin more than the sun.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE GENRE OF MUSIC?
I really do enjoy ann genres of music. I listen to all my music on Pandora. What I love about Pandora is the fact that it doesn’t stay on the same artist. I’m able to expand my music horizon and listen to all kinds of artist in the genre I choose. On the weekends I listen to oldies on Redbone radio. During the week it’s Barenaked Ladies radio. When I want to de-stress and have a spa night it’s relaxation radio. I listen to Frank Sinatra radio all the time in addition to country and some hip hop. I like a good rhythm when I’m driving so I go with any music that is up-beat. I’m all over the place with my music choices. Just take a look below.
5. WHERE DO YOU SEE YOURSELF NEXT YEAR, WHETHER IT BE WITH YOUR BLOG OR NOT?
In the next year my husband and I hope to own another rental property and expand our newly created landscaping business; Premier Hardscape. I hope to build my blog and continue to write and post what I enjoy which is fashion. I hope to invest in a nice camera and take better quality photos for my blog and to take more photos on location. I would like to designate a photographer and plan out my posts better. Be more organized for sure.
6. DO YOU SPEAK ANY OTHER LANGUAGES?
I took 4 years of Spanish which came in handy when my husband and I went on our honeymoon to the Dominican Republic. I am currently taking Mandarin classes at my work. I work a lot with Asian vendors and Mandarin comes in handy. I took classes a few months ago and now I am in the advanced classes. The language is much harder than Spanish but practice makes perfect.
7. FAVORITE TV SHOW, COLOR AND SCENT?
• My favorite show is Game of Thrones by a landslide. It’s so full of action and adventure, mystery and drama. The season just ended and now we have to wait almost 2 years for the next one! I love mystery and crime shows too which is why White Collar is my second favorite. Plus Matt Bomer is real nice to look at.
• My favorite color is green. Always has been probably always will be. I wear a ridiculous amount of olive colored pieces; tops, vests, jackets, jeans, over-the-knee boots, accessories etc.
• My favorite scent for this time of year is the Burberry Brit Sheer perfume. I did a review on it and you can find it here.
8. WHAT SHOW ARE YOU CURRENTLY BINGING ON?
My husband and I binge watch Netflix all the time. We have watched what feels like everything but currently we are binging on Person of Interest. There are 5 seasons and we are halfway through season 3. We love mystery and crime dramas.
9. SWEET OR SAVORY?
Sweets, sweets, sweets! All day every day. It’s a problem. I have the worst sweet tooth of anybody I know. I could eat candy, cake and cookies until my stomach hurts, which has happened on multiple occasions. I do enjoy savory every now and then but if I had to choose, it would be sweet.
10. HEELS OR FLATS?
This all depends. I never choose one over the other on a regular basis. During the work week I typically choose flats because I do a lot of walking. During the weekends I typically choose heels because I’m only out for a couple of hours at a time. If the shoe is comfortable, be it a flat or heel, I’ll wear it.
11. WHAT IS YOUR #1 ORGANIZATIONAL OR LIFE TIP?
I love being organized. I’m such a planner that it annoys my husband so much. I have bins and baskets everywhere in my house to hold things. Everything in my house has a place. My tip would be to purchase a label maker and label the s*** out of everything. There is nothing more annoying than rummaging through bins and bins of crap to finally find what you were looking for after opening 8 of them. I would also suggest getting a notebook or planner to keep with you. I always have a planner with plenty of pages for notes. Ideas pop into my head all the time and I need to write them down. Yes you have this on your phone but it is not the same as opening a book to view your week as a whole, I love that.
I do not know a lot of other bloggers but this will hopefully help with that. I tag the following ladies that follow my blog. I would love to know more about you! Tag 3-5 other bloggers in your tag section.
Stylish Brunette – Beauty, Fashion and Lifestyle
Elizabeth Walton @libwalton_9 (Instagram)
1. Why did you start your blog?
2. If money was not an issue and you could go anywhere in the world, where would you
go; why? What would you go there to see/visit?
3. Coffee or Tea?
4. What is the best book you have ever read and why?
5. What is your #1 beauty tip?
6. Where are you from? What is your favorite thing to do in your hometown? What do
you recommend doing or going to see for someone who has never been?
7. Heels or flats?
8. Where do you draw your inspiration from?
9. Favorites: Holiday, Color, Perfume, TV Show, Movie?
10. What is your favorite social media platform and why?
Be sure to tag me in your posts so I can see your answers.
Thank you so much for reading! Until next time,